Thursday, July 16, 2009

Counting Calories

I really have not been focused on my training this week. I am finishing up a summer class and the work has consumed much of my time. I have strayed a little from my diet and have missed two days at the gym. Yeah, feeling guilty right now but life happens. Tomorrow is a new day! Speaking of diet, one thing I use to help me keep track of what I eat is a food journal. I calculated my macronutrient ratio at 50:20:30 and try to consume 1600+ calories a day.
Here is a really good link explaining the ratio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSiBcHeZtJg

and a link to a food diary you can customize to fit your needs. You can also create one using a word processing program but this one will save you time.

http://www.fitwatch.com/diary/fooddiary.html

Keeping one will help you stay on track with your diet. It is much easier to plan your meals, too. Which I will talk more about soon.

Fitday is a site where you can keep an online journal and it gives nutrition information also. I think it takes too much time to enter everything in but you might like it.

www.fitday.com

I hope this helps!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2