Thursday, July 23, 2009

14 Weeks Out


Yesterday I met with my fitness compadre, Deke, to go over my new diet, training program, and supplement regimen. It was an important time to meet because I will be leaving Saturday to go on vacation and as soon as I get back I start my diet and start getting serious about preparing for the competition. By the way you can learn more about the Bluegrass Championship show coming in October. Just visit http://www.trickyjackson.com/ for more information about the cost of tickets, the time and location.

Since I will not focus too much on my training while on vacation I did a little preparation last night to make it easier to prepare my foods and follow this new schedule of dieting and taking supplements when I return. I made a shopping list for my initial visit to the grocery store so that I will know exactly what to buy and how much of it for one week. It helps having a grocery list so that I'm less tempted to buy things I don't need. I also updated my food journal to keep me on track each day with what I can eat and to eat the correct portion sizes as well. I will be eating five meals per day and taking several different types of supplements, most of the ones I use are from Beverly International. I am also planning on buying a food scale to weigh out food as they are packaged for my meals each day. The diet is strict. I am very limited with what I can eat but with a little creativity hopefully I won't get bored with eating the same foods.

None the less, I am excited and nervous about this journey. Thank goodness for Deke. He has been generous with his time and help. I can't say how much I appreciate it!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2