Friday, July 10, 2009

Bio

Let me tell you a little bit about me and my fitness background. I grew up around sports. One of us in my family were usually always involved in a sport. My little brother, Ricky, played tee-ball and baseball, my dad is a golfer, my grandmother played basketball who is only five feet tall, and my mother was a cheerleader. So I come from a lineage of physically active people. I became involved in sports when I was asked to help with school sports. I was wrestling manager, football and baseball stastician and attended many games. I was most active in sports in middle and high school and started playing soccer in the eighth grade. I played on a recreational league also so I was playing pretty much year round. Sports stopped my senior year and when I was in college I was not active. Surprise! How many of us are? After college on and off you would catch me in the gym working out. I've always enjoyed weight training and have really been focused for several months on improving my physique. The results were rewarding so I decided to work harder. Friends and strangers noticed the difference too and a few suggested I think about competing. At first I was apprehensive. I didn't know much about the bodybuilding/physique sport but I began researching and talking to people who knew about it. After a couple months of research and learning what I could about training and diet I decided I would give it try. Some days I still question my ability to reach the athletic physique that the sport requires. The key is to surround yourself with lots of supportive people and things that help motivate you! Later, I'll share some of my motivational tips.

I received my posing video a couple of days ago. It's a really good video that demonstrates each of the poses used for judging and poses for presentation. There is the front, side, back and relaxed pose in figure division. I'll start practicing my posing soon and share some tips as I learn how to properly pose.




No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2