Friday, August 14, 2009

Stocked Up and Worked Up!

I start my a new diet Sunday and I am well prepared. I try to be prepared and have my fridge stocked with everything I need before I start and my food list is on the fridge. It helps keep my anxiety level low if food is on hand and prepared. Speaking of anxiety, this week was my worst for lack of sleep. I feel fine. My energy level isn't suffering yet but eventually it may catch up with me. I just cannot rest when I lie down for my mind takes over and I'm thinking about all the things I need to do tomorrow, the next day, then the next. I told my self to take it one day at a time. I have ten weeks of this to go and if I don't calm down I'll sabotage my success and progress I've make so far. Reciting the Serenity Prayer helped, then I got out of bed and spent some time on the net.

My foods you see here include frozen veggies, bags of broccoli, green beans, asparagus, stir-fry veggies, cauliflower. There are sweet potatoes, bananas, grapefruit, blueberries and of course oatmeal. There is turkey breast, ground turkey, lean ground beef, beef jerky, salad greens, green tea Crystal Light, sweetener, Mrs. Dash seasonings, eggs and my new diet scale. I'm not big on measuring food but I'll give it a try. I want to make sure I'm eating correct portions but I probably won't measure everything. I'm all set and ready to go for the upcoming week and I'll be meeting my consultant to see what changes in my workout need to be made.

I tried a new recipe last night because I was craving something sweet after dinner. I alternate protein powder flavors when I order to switch things up. Second to Beverly International's UMP I like Lean Protein Dessert Shake by BSN. I have tried chocolate fudge pudding flavor, yum and cinnamon roll which I'm using now. Here's a cinnamon roll recipe:
  • 2 scoops Lean Dessert Cinnamon Roll flavor
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Dash of salt

Mix into a brownie-like batter, put in microwave safe container and microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. I used small individual dessert dishes and microwaved each for 1 minute. Optional: top with a tablespoon of whipped heavy cream. You won't believe how good it tastes and you can use this recipe for any protein powder flavor when you crave something sweet.

I recommend subscribing to Beverly International Newsletter. They have awesome recipes for bodybuilders and figure competitors.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2